Social marketing uses marketing principles and techniques to create, communicate, and deliver value in order to influence target audience behaviors that benefit society as well as the target market. A truly comprehensive social marketing plan is very involved. View the sets in the planning process here.
Our guiding principles
- Take advantage of prior and existing successful campaigns.
- Start with target audience most ready for action.
- Support and promote single, doable behaviors with significant potential impact.
- Identify and remove barriers to behavior change.
- Bring real benefits into the present.
- Highlight costs of competing behaviors.
- Promote a tangible good or service to help target audiences perform the behavior.
- Consider non-monetary incentives in the form of recognition & appreciation.
- Make access easy.
- Have a little fun with messages.
- Use media channels at the point of decision making.
- Try for popular/entertainment media.
- Get commitments and pledges.
- Use prompts for sustainability.
- Create plans for social diffusion.
- Track results and make adjustments.
Networks include but are not limited too.
Twitter – Real-time conversations will make your Twitter account stand out among your competitors.
Facebook – People usually don’t notice announcements. This plan provides the consistent activity to keep your brand top of mind.
Google+ – Google gives sites that are active on Google+ better ranking.
LinkedIn – Find new customers, build business partnerships and promote your Brand.
Social Bookmarking – We submit to sites like StumbleUpon, Reddit and other social marketing sites. Benefit from crafty headlines that generate comment and clicks.